The Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Team
The DVMWHS has a team of three officers:
- Two Co-ordinators (Heritage and Development)
- Business Services Assistant
The Team is hosted within the Derbyshire County Council and is supported by the Economy, Transport and Communities Department. There is a clear synergy with this department in respect of conservation and planning and economic development.
The officers support and work with a range of Panels which include professional staff and members from the Partnership. These are:
- Conservation and Planning Panel
- Learning and Research Panel
- Development Panel
Roles within the DVMWHS team
- Business Services Assistant – Gwen Wilson (email@example.com) 01629 536831
- First point of contact for enquiries relating to the World Heritage Site.
- Administrative support to the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site Team.
- Administrative support for: The DVMWHS Steering Group and the DVMWHS Panels.
- Coordinating the WHS team activities.
- Supporting the co-ordination of Discovery Days, including design of brochures and analysis of feedback.
- Updating DVM website. Adding content to other DVM social media sites, ie Twitter and Facebook page.
Heritage Coordinator – Adrian Farmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01629 536830
- Development of volunteer engagement.
- Planning issues (including strategy response support for director).
- Monitoring (annual report, KPIs, management plan review).
- Communications (including newsletter and visitor guide).
- Promoting cohesion within the WHS (including physical – ie transport, hubs/clusters).
- Research (including content of publications).
- Coordinating and supporting the team’s work to ensure projects meet objectives agreed with UNESCO.
- Emergencies – Flooding, Fire etc.
- Co-ordinating Discovery Days Festival.
- Lead officer for Conservation & Planning Panel and Learning and Research Panel.
- Lead officer Collections Working Group.
- WHS Speaker Development.
Development Coordinator – Sukie Khaira (email@example.com) 01629 536833
- Economic Development.
- Tourism Development.
- Funding Bids Coordination and Support.
- Volunteer Development.
- Branding Supervision.
- Product development with Mills.
- Supporting the co-ordination of Discovery Days Festival.
- Lead officer for Development Panel.