Terms of reference
The purpose of the Panel is to:
- Ensure all sites are kept informed of developments and opportunities within the DVMWHS.
- Ensure co-operation between sites.
The Panel will advise the Officers and the Board and will liaise with the other Panels within the Management Structure of the DVMWHS as required.
The Panel will:
- Promote the DVMWHS brand.
- Consider areas and activities where cross-site working would be more effectual, including, but not exclusively: events, education, arts, interpretation, marketing, retail, catering, and volunteers.
- Delegate projects, where appropriate, to the four Working Groups of Collections, Education, Arts and Events.
- Inform the DVMWHS of potential funding applications in order to produce a mutually beneficial funding strategy, especially in relation to bids to the Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council England.
The Panel will have a core membership as follows:
- The Manager of Masson Mills Museum
- The Chief Executive of the Arkwright Society
- The Manager of Strutts North Mill
- The Head of Derby Museums and Galleries
- A representative of Smedley's Mill
- A representative of Darley Abbey Mills
- Director (DVMWHS)
- Heritage Co-ordinator (DVMWHS)
- Development Co-ordinator (DVMWHS)
- Learning Co-ordinator (DVMWHS)
New members will be co-opted as necessary.
Method of Operation
The Site Operation and Development Panel should generally meet every two months with dates set at the start of the calendar year.
The Panel will respond to information and requests from the Chairman, Board members and the DVMWHS Director.
Any members wishing to propose items for the agenda should notify the DVMWHS Director at least ten working days prior to the agreed date of the meeting.