THE COORDINATION TEAM
The Coordination team of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage site comprises three officers:
- Heritage Co-ordinator
- Development Co-ordinator
- Assistant Co-ordinator
The Team is hosted within Derbyshire County Council and supported by the Place Department. There is a clear synergy with this department in respect of conservation and planning and economic development.
The officers support and work with a range of Groups which include professional staff and members from the Partnership. These are:
- Strategic Board
- Technical Group
- Conservation and Planning Group
- Other Working Groups and Task and Finish Groups
Roles within the Coordination Team
Heritage Coordinator – Adrian Farmer (email@example.com) 01629 536830
- Development of volunteer engagement.
- Planning issues (including strategy response support for director).
- Monitoring (annual report, KPIs, management plan review).
- Communications (including newsletter and visitor guide).
- Promoting cohesion within the WHS (including physical – ie transport, hubs/clusters).
- Research (including content of publications).
- Coordinating and supporting the team’s work to ensure projects meet objectives agreed with UNESCO.
- Emergencies – Flooding, Fire etc.
- Support the co-ordination of Georgian Derbyshire Festival and other events.
- Lead officer for Conservation & Planning Group.
- Lead officer Collections Working Group.
- WHS Speaker Development.
Development Coordinator – Sukie Khaira (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01629 536833
- Economic Development.
- Tourism Development.
- Funding Bids Coordination and Support.
- Volunteer Development.
- Branding Supervision.
- Product development with Mills.
- Co-ordination of Georgian Derbyshire Festival and other events.
Assistant Coordinator – Georgina Greaves (email@example.com) 01629 536831
- Promoting public awareness and engagement
- Promoting sustainable development
- Community engagement