The Strategic Board
THE STRATEGIC BOARD
Overall governance of the Partnership will be provided by the Strategic Board.
The primary functions of governance in this context are:
- To hold the purpose, values and culture of the partnership and ensure it is commensurate with UNESCO.
- To ensure the Management Plan is in place and being delivered to fulfil HM Government’s commitment to UNESCO.
- To ensure the structures and resources required to deliver the Management Plan are in place.
- To the wider partnership, DCMS and UNESCO for the delivery of the commitments set out in the Nomination Document, delivery of the Management Plan and maintenance of the Outstanding Universal Value of the Site.
The membership of the Strategic Board will comprise of senior representatives from:
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derby City Council
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Erewash Borough Council
- National Lottery Heritage Fund
- D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
- Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire
- Visit Derby
- Historic England
- Natural England
- University of Derby
- Arts Council England
- The ‘Green’ Business Sector
- Other business sector representatives
The Strategic Board will meet annually in late September/early October when local authority and public agency budgets are being set. The Board members will also be encouraged to attend the Partnership Forum meetings.
Board members will be expected to be advocates of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site and champion its purpose and objectives.