Just-Ice is a social enterprise ethical artisan ice cream makers situated on the main A6 road at Milford.
The easy access, open plan venue is a great place to call in when visiting the World Heritage Site attractions or walking along the Derwent Valley Heritage Way.
The venue is a comfortable, child-friendly space to sit and relax and enjoy ethically sourced coffee, tea, breakfast, light lunches, homemade cakes and desserts and, of course, fabulous naturally produced artisan ice cream – a menu created using only locally sourced seasonal produce.
General Accessibility Information
- Clear defibrillator sign at entry point.
- Gluten, vegan meals and dairy free ice cream available.
- All dogs welcome.
- Bench seating and chairs without arms are available.
- Table reservations available.
- Table service available, if required.
- Menus are available online at www.just-ice.org/milford
- Flexible furniture throughout the venue
Car Parking and Entrance
- There is one marked disabled parking bay and 10 other parking spaces available, in the car park, which has a level solid surface.
- There is a slope from the car park at the back along the pavement to the main entrance.
- There are dropped kerbs at the entry points to the cafe.
- The venue is situated on the main A6 with a pedestrian crossing immediately outside the front door. Lighting is good.
- There is a slight lip over the threshold at the front door.
- There is a level area in front the double doors.
- There is currently no weather protection over the entrance.
- The front entrance doors are big enough to accommodate all wheelchair users (2060 mm)
- There is an activity space of at least 300mm to the opening edge of the front doors both inside and outside
- There are vision panels to the top half of doors.
- The lobby is clear of all obstacles and projections.
- The outer door has a width of 750mm, which is below the minimum recommended width of 900mm.
- The toilet is a clever design that ‘extends’ by folding back a door to create a space measuring 1150mm by 1800mm, which is slightly below the recommended minimum.
- The door opens outwards.
- There is currently no grab rail on the inside of the toilet door.
- The toilet is a Right Hand transfer.
- There is 1800mm available in front of the toilet
- The toilet seat is at a height of 480mm.
- The sink is at a height of 700mm to the underside, and has lever taps.
- There is an electric hand dryer.
- Visual contrast in the cubicle is good.
- Emergency alarm system in the toilet.
- Nearest Changing Places toilets are at Shipley Country Park and at Lea Green.