World Heritage Sites are places of Outstanding Universal Value to Humanity. The World Heritage Site list is not a list of all properties of great interest, importance or value, but only a select list of the most outstanding of these from an international viewpoint.
Our Great Place Scheme will support and enhance understanding of the mission and aims of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. You can read about this here.
Throughout the lifetime of this Scheme we will endeavour to show that:
- Cross portfolio, cross sector partnership is significantly improved
- Communities have greater input and influence in decision making in the cultural sector
- Culture is embedded in wider local plans and strategies
- Culture becomes a wider civic responsibility
- People have a greater sense of what can by achieved by working together
- Arts events, activities, sites and facilities are enhanced
- Heritage events, activities, sites and facilities are enhanced
- More people and a wider range of people engage with arts and heritage
- The cultural and creative sector is stronger, better networked and more resilient
- Communities are more connected and happier
- Great Places become destinations of choice