Volunteering with Derwent Valley Trust
The Derwent Valley Trust are looking for two new exciting volunteer roles to support them in their work.
Group Activity Lead
This voluntary role is to organise occasional activities and events, and/or co-ordinate those organised by others, to promote the need for greater sustainable access along the Derwent Valley, whether walking, cycling, paddling, horse riding, or by public transport.
1. Organise activities and events, such as:
- manning our promotional tent at fetes and carnivals within the valley,
- removing litter and garbage from the river, and the Derwent Valley Heritage Way,
- campaign walks, rides, paddles,
- lectures and visits to interested groups.
2. Promote those activities through others in the communication team, to the press and social media.
3. Consider, and take advice upon, health and safety issues for volunteers and our activities, inform volunteers and encourage compliance.
This role will suit an outgoing organised personality. Much of the work can be conducted from home, but key active involvement will be required to lead some of the events, particularly new ones.
Project Management Lead
The Project Manager is a key senior management role within the Derwent Valley Trust (DVT). As a voluntary role, they will be responsible for helping to co-ordinate, fund and deliver projects relating to both the construction and promotion of the DVT routes.
The Project Management Role will include:
- Assisting the Fundraising Director in setting out tasks required to complete grant applications such as preparing relevant information and data, gathering letters of support, attending meetings and events.
- Ensuring grant applications are comprehensive and submitted on time.
- Leading a small team to organise specific fundraising and promotional events, such as campaign rides.
- Organising and managing digital records of previous grant and event information which can be reused for future applications and events where applicable.
- Providing regular progress updates to the rest of the DVT.
- Enthusiasm for and belief in the Derwent Valley Trust’s ambitions.
- Good team working, management and organisational skills.
- Confident in communicating via email as well as in person.
- Confident using digital software and platforms to assist with information management, coordination and communication.
- Willing to bring new ideas to the table as well as developing existing ones.
- Availability to attend regular meetings both within the DVT and with external stakeholders. Meetings could be held during the day as well as at evenings.
- Availability at weekends to attend events periodically throughout the year.
Previous project management experience including arranging funding applications, leading small teams and organising events would be useful but not essential.
Closing date for both: 31st May 2020.
To find out more about the Trust, visit here.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org