Wed 30th Mar
Going Green (University of Derby event)
Meet forward-thinking businesses who have already reduced costs and attracted new customers by going green. Learn about sustainable technologies, green business thinking and the wealth of support from local experts that can help improve your operations, build your skills and grow your business. Good for profit – great for the environment.
Venue: Cromford Mills
Time: 3.30pm to 6.30pm
Booking: not required.
What’s on offer?
- Network with like-minded people, all wanting to make their businesses more sustainable, more efficient, resilient and ready to grab the opportunities of the booming green economy.
- Browse our Marketplace of stallholders showcasing their goods and services including local businesses and organisations that support local firms on their journey towards sustainability. Stallholders include: Devtank, Low Carbon Business Network, DE-Carbonise, Green Entrepreneurs Programme, D2N2 Growth Hub, with more to be announced.
- Short talks on environmental accreditation, green marketing, funding and finance for pro-environmental companies, smart factories, sustainable food choices with several more to be revealed.
- Simon Gill, Operations Director of Cromford Mill, will explain how the Mill has been redeveloped and the plans to reinstate water power. There will also b e guided tours of Cromford Mill facilities that will showcase the modern fully serviced offices within the 250-year-old building.
- Engage with renewable energy experts from the Institute in Sustainable Engineering.
- Complimentary, locally produced refreshments will be available during the event.
To secure one of the last remaining market-stalls, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is funded through the UK Community Renewal Fund.