Volunteering is a great way to make new friends, practise existing skills, gain new ones, and to have a positive impact on the characteristics of the Derwent Valley. We are looking for people who want to get involved in the natural environment, heritage, conservation, restoration, arts and crafts, events and many more opportunities.
If you can spare a couple of hours a month or a couple of days a week then we have a volunteering opportunity for you!
We have a range of projects suitable for a variety of skills and interests:
- Conserving and enhancing our meadows and ancient woodlands
- Restoring and managing historical buildings and landscapes
- Surveying historical sites and archaeological digs
- Learning about the heritage, ecology and geology of the area
- Training in traditional landscape management techniques such as hedge laying and dry stone walling
- Teaching local history or knowledge
- Leading or stewarding guided tours and walks
Whether you have a love for the outdoors or heritage of the area, a student who wants some hands on experience, retired or on a career break, or simply want to learn something new, we would love to hear from you.