This is part of a heritage trail around Milford, taking in some of the key historic areas. You can find a map of the trail, and information on where to find interpretation boards containing more details on the town and its history at www.derwentvalleymills.org/milford.
Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church was built 1846-48, on land given by the Strutt family, who owned the mills. Its unusual north-south alignment is due to the constraints of the site. It was extended in 1909 to create a vestry and church room designed by Belper architects Hunter and Woodhouse.
It has closed as a place of worship. The final service was held in September 2021.
The War Memorial
Facing the church across the Hopping Hill road is the village’s war memorial, a Crusader Cross to men of both world wars killed in action. Unusually, the names on the wall behind the memorial are a Roll of Honour to all the Milford men who served in the First World War, not just those who died in the conflict.