The 16 Great Place Schemes across England are working towards the following outcomes:
With the investment of Heritage Lottery Fund and Arts Council England:
- Everyone has the opportunity to experience and be inspired by arts, culture and heritage
- Your local area and community will be a better place to live or visit
- Your local economy will be boosted
- Arts, culture, heritage and other organisations will be more resilient
- Arts, culture and heritage organisations will have built sustainable partnerships with other sectors, agencies and organisations in the local area and culture will be reflected in local plans and strategies.
The activities of all the Great Place Schemes will be evaluated to help show how the investment has put arts, culture and heritage and the heart of the local vision of each place asking the questions:
- Is culture a central part of local decision making, planning and delivery?
- Have these new approaches led to improved social, economic and cultural outcomes for local partners?
Work on evaluating the success of the Great Place Scheme as a whole will find out how far these activities have become pathfinders for long term change, bringing culture to the centre of local planning. The evaluation will also determine the effectiveness of the individual schemes in delivering short term outcomes.